Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jackson Douglas Willcutts

He's here! Exactly one month ago today, our precious Jackson Douglas Willcutts was born! Sorry for the delayed blog update. I have found that I don't have quite as much free time as I used to now that I am chasing a two year old and taking care of a new little one. It has been wonderful, though! 
He was born on August 16 at 5:40 in the evening. He weighed 8lbs and 2.5ounces,  and was 20inches long. Labor and delivery was surprisingly smooth, and by God's grace, he came out healthy as can be! What a relief to us! He is an absolute sweetie, and we are so glad to have him as the newest member of our little family. 
I'll let our pictures tell the story of his first month. Enjoy! Oh, and sorry for the long delay! 

Two pictures below: Team Jackson! I made t-shirts for everyone who was going to be at the hospital when Ady was born, so I thought it was only fair for us to have Jackson team shirts, too! These are all the wonderful people who helped us through the hospital experience! Ady had her team shirt on later that day, too:)



Below: Just moments after he was born! He's here!!! I was just elated to finally have him in my arms and to actually get to hold him for longer than just a few seconds! Praise God for a healthy baby!!!!

Below: Welcome to the world!

Scott with his little man

After his bath at the hospital.

Ady got to meet Jackson the next morning, and it was sisterly love at first sight! I am one lucky mama to have two, such beautiful children.

Scott with his babies! We are so blessed!

***We had so many visitors at the hospital and our first few weeks home that I'm afraid it would take up too much space to post all those pictures here, but A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU who were willing to drive down and help us, visit us, feed us, and love us in this super exciting time!!! We feel so encouraged and loved!!!***

Below: Welcome home, little brother!!!This is one of my favorite pictures of all time, and probably always will be. Ady is a wonderful big sister, and loves her brother so much! 


People keep asking us who we think Jackson looks like, and to be honest there is only one person I can compare him to the most... I'll let you be the judge, though:)





They even have the same birthmarks on their foreheads, eyes, and same hair pattern. So cute! I'd say he looks mostly like his sister!

Here are some more pictures from his first month here with us! What a little blessing he is to us. He is so cuddly and sweet!





And these last two are pictures I took today. He is already one month old today! We call him "bubba" as a nickname.

I have an update to post soon about Ady's 2nd birthday that was on August 30th, so stay tuned for more pictures and stories from her fun day!

Lots of love,
Karen








1 comment: